Sunday, September 16, 2007

Champagne on a plane? Welcome to the Good Life.

To sum up where I want to be in ten years in one post is a hard task. I am finding out more about myself and what I want to be doing as a career this year because I am starting to take my finance classes. When I arrived at Clemson University as a freshman my first passion was music, but I knew that I would not be able to pursue it as a steady career. Now that my classes are getting more interesting, in ten years I see myself with a job as either a financial analyst, investment banker, or accountant. As of right now, I am still trying to decide if I want to double major in accounting.
I want to set my goals high and try to get a finance or accounting job for a respectable firm in either Atlanta or in New York City. If I get a job as a financial analyst or investment banker, I will have to move by New York City and Boston to be closer to the New York Stock Exchange and major corporations. I am going to wait to start a family until I get a well-paying job because I do not want it to interfere with my motivation and business goals.
Although I want to have a job in finance or accounting, I still want to be able to follow music and go to a lot of concerts. If I become an accountant I want to be in the entertainment (music) business. This way I can be close to my music passion, as well as use my skills that I learned at Clemson University. On the other hand, if I become a financial analyst I want to have bands as some of my clients. This way I can build a budget for them and get involved with the music and touring.
On top of my occupation, I want to also own an apartment in downtown Atlanta or a city up north. I do not see myself buying a house yet because I will most likely be living alone. Furthermore, a house, nevertheless an apartment, is very expensive in a major city. One thing that I am not looking forward to is having to dress up for work everyday. I do not really think about the material items because they are not the reason for following my goals to work in the business, but they are definitely fun to think about seeing as I am currently a poor college student.

No comments: