Sunday, October 21, 2007

Interview Reflection

My mock interview was funny because I actually already had my real-life interview beforehand. I knew what type of questions were going to be asked. The weird thing is that I was more nervous for the mock interview than with the real interview. I don't know why, but I may have done even better in my real interview than my mock interview!
The first thing I quickly noticed were the similar questions. Mrs. Rogers asks at least 4 or 5 questions exactly similar to Brad, the Vanguard Group representative. Whenever I went in to start the interview I was a little nervous, but after answering a few questions I was more comfortable and able to explain myself a little bit better. I guess the more you practice interviewing, the easier it is to talk about yourself and your best qualities in interviews. I am still awaiting the response because they also are doing interviews at other schools in the southeast, but I sent my thank you letter 2 days after the interview. I am so happy I know how to write formal business letters. I feel as though I now have an edge over other students from different schools. They may not have had business writing or have the wrong format for letters. Overall the interview went well, and the advice I received on centering my cover letter vertically was very beneficial. I will update the blog when I receive information about the internship!

No comments: