Friday, October 26, 2007

Investing.....oh no.

I just finished this week off with a test in Finance 305: Investing Analysis. People ask me what I want to be when I grow up and immediately I say an investment banker. I like looking at stocks, and evaluating the stock market.
One reason why I think I like analyzing stocks to much is due to an odd similarity to music. All throughout my life I have enjoyed looking at bands that no one knows much about. They are not popular yet, and still have their unique qualities. After a few months, the bands gradually get more popular and soon they are selling out concerts and played on radio stations continuously. In comparison to stocks, I like to look for small stock companies that have a unique and promising product or service, and watch it grow. I cannot make money watching bands grow, but investing in the small soon-to-be large companies, I can make a lot of profit. I realized this just the other day, in the shower. Funny how things come to you at the weirdest times.
I like Finance 305 as a class, but the tests are ridiculous. They are so stressful. I would rather just use the tools I know from the class in real life, rather than try to explain them on a test. Anyways, in order to graduate and be an investment banker, I have to deal with these classes and hopefully learn more information so I can analyze stocks more effectively.

No comments: