Monday, October 15, 2007

Presentations

One presentation that stood out was Colin's on hybrid cars. I did not know that they made hybrid SUV's let alone that multiple car manufacturers are creating their own hybrid program. I knew that Honda had a couple hybrids for sale on the market, but I had no idea that Lexus started its own hybrid series. It is also funny that they can run solely upon electric when going at slow speeds. I have not heard one yet, but the fact that it sounds like a big electric golf cart would be funny to witness.
One thing that surprised be was that they are creating/created hybrid trucks. Many American's feel that hybrids are destroying the view on "American cars." Meaning tough, rugged trucks and 4-wheel drive vehicles. The opposite is actually true. Colin mentioned that they are even making V6 hybrids and trucks. I do not see why these cars are more popular, because the price is even similar to cars that run on gasoline. Right now I drive a Jeep Cherokee and also hate spending so much on gas everytime I go to the gas station. I realize now that there are more alternatives that are affordable and better for the environment than just the normal SUV.

No comments: